The OmniCom VMS beacon and PRISMA software offers fishing vessels full regulatory compliance via our tried and tested marine technology. NOAA certified; with twenty years on the water experience.Request a quote
The OmniCom Vessel Monitoring System (VMS) beacon, featuring the PRISMA software platform, offers fishing vessels full regulatory compliance with MetOcean’s proven maritime technology. Omnicom VMS is NOAA certified, with twenty years of “on the water” experience.
Your fleet is always connected with OmniCom’s dual Satellite/Cellular communications technology that automatically switches to the least cost option based on location. Omnicom VMS offers low power consumption, secure communications, 10” ruggedized touchscreen tablet, and Windows applications for a complete, simple to use, end to end VMS solution that tracks your vessels’ movement for crew safety, fisheries compliance and enforcement.
NOAA certified; with twenty years on the water experience.
End-to-End Vessel Monitoring
OmniCom VMS provides fleets with end to end visibility from ship to shore. Configurable messaging includes position, course, and speed.
Ruggedised for Marine Environments
OmniCom VMS is designed for commercial fishermen operating in harsh environments. IP-67 beacon rating and integrated, sealed, and protected components ensure continuous operations during inclement weather.
Geofencing for Compliance
OmniCom VMS transmits notifications identifying vessels that approach, enter, leave, or remain within configurable geographical boundaries. This enables fleets and government agencies to enforce compliance for restricted areas.
Reports are sent in real-time to improve fleet management. Upload latest firmware over-the-air anywhere in the world without taking vessels out of service. Digital I/O, USB, and NMEA 2000 ready ports collect mechanical readings which can be monitored onboard. Power consumption is low with 10-36V DC connectivity.
Integrated Safety & Security Features
SOS button is easily accessible to alert authorities in emergency situations.
Dimensions & Weight
- Beacon Size: 198 X 192 X 120 mm (L x W x H)
- Beacon Weight: 2.15 kg (including 7.0 Ah battery)
- Junction Box Size: 169 x 126 x 48 mm
- Junction Box Weight: 0.35 kg
- Dome Cable: 15 m (Dome to Junction Box)
- Power Supply Cable: 5 m (two wires cable)
- Satellite Transceiver: Iridium Type Approved. Transmitter frequency 1616 to 1626.5 MHz, HF Power: 32 dBm max
- Cellular Modem:
GSM/GPRS/Edge (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
UMTS/HSPA (850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz)
- GNSS Receiver: Receiver for GPS & GLONASS, Galileo satellites. Precision of < 10 m
- IEC 60945: IEC 60945 Approved to guarantee resistance to high temperatures, humidity, salinity, and vibration, and long-term functionality of terminal components
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth interface for wireless connectivity
Operating Temperature Range: -25°C to +55°C ·
Storage Temperature Range: -25°C to +70°C
- Ingress Protection: Water & weather resistant. Beacon IP-67, Junction Box IP-65
- Power Supply:
Power supply range nominal 10V-36V
Current drain: <2A at 12V, <1A at 24V
- Back-Up Battery Life: Extended life up to 72 hours via rechargeable 7.0 Ah battery
- Memory Back Up: Standard memory back up of 90 days
- Conformity: EC declaration of conformity