OmniCom Global combines global satellite coverage and 3G cellular least cost routing for reliable and cost-effective continuous ship-to-shore communications.Request a quote
Ship-To-Shore Communications Solution
OmniCom Global combines global satellite coverage and 3G cellular least cost routing for reliable and cost-effective continuous ship-to-shore communications. Together with an integrated management software, PRISMA Connect, this system enables complete control of commercial fleet operations in real time, including a robust suite of vessel tracking, two-way messaging, and asset/document management.
Designed for commercial boats, OmniCom tracks and monitors vessels using the Iridium satellite network. The dome positioned on the exterior of the vessel houses the Iridium transceiver, the GNSS receiver, the cellular modem and electronic interfaces. The junction box located in the wheelhouse serves as an interface between the dome and the power supply and offer I/O ports for connecting ancillary devices.
End-to-End Vessel Monitoring
OmniCom provides fleets with end-to-end visibility from ship-to-shore. Configurable messaging includes position, course, and speed.
Ruggedized for Marine Environments
OmniCom is designed for commercial boats operating in harsh environments. IP-67 beacon rating and integrated, sealed, and protected components ensure continuous operations during inclement weather.
Continuous connectivity enables real-time vessel monitoring, communication and reporting for dispatch and operations to optimize fleet productivity. Over-the-air updates anywhere in the world without taking vessels out of service.
Least Cost Routing helps better manage expenses by automatically switching from satellite to cellular coverage when available. System seamlessly changes to satellite when out of cell range so connectivity is never lost. Power consumption is low with 10-36V DC connectivity.
Integrated Safety & Security Features
SOS button is easily accessible to alert authorities in emergency situations.
Improved Crew Productivity
Crew productivity improves by transmitting dispatch, change orders, daily logs, reports and other critical information directly to and from the vessel. More time can be spent working the job and less time spent managing paperwork.
Dimensions & Weight
- Beacon Size: 198 x 192 x 120 mm (L x W x H)
- Beacon Weight: 2.15 kg (including 7.0 Ah battery)
- Junction Box Size: 169 x 126 x 48 mm
- Junction Box Weight: 0.35 kg
- Satellite Transceiver: Iridium Type Approved. Transmitter frequency 1616 to 1626.5 MHz, HF Power: 32 dBm max
- Cellular Modem:
GSM/GPRS/Edge (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
UMTS/HSPA (850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz)
- GNSS Receiver: Receiver for GPS & GLONASS satellites. Precision of < 10 m
- IEC 60945: IEC 60945 Approved to guarantee resistance to high temperatures, humidity, salinity, and vibration, and long-term functionality of terminal components
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth interface for wireless connectivity
Operating Temperature Range: -25°C to +55°C
Storage Temperature Range: -25°C to +70°C
- Ingress Protection: Water & weather resistant. Beacon IP-67, Junction Box IP-65
- Power Supply: Power supply range nominal 10V-36V · Current drain: <2A at 12V, <1A at 24V
- Back-Up Battery Life: Extended life up to 72 hours via rechargeable 7.0 Ah battery
- Memory Back Up: Standard memory back up of 90 days
- Conformity: EC declaration of conformity