X-CAT ARGOS Transmitter
The X-CAT is an advanced micro-miniature ARGOS Transmitter. It is intended for use by biologists, oceanographers and operators wishing to track and monitor very small assets.Request a quote
The X-CAT is an advanced micro-miniature ARGOS Transmitter. It is intended for use by biologists, oceanographers and operators wishing to track and monitor very small assets. All of the X-CAT’s core functions, including ARGOS ID, transmit repetition rate, output power and output frequency channel, can be easily configured by the user with the help of a graphical user interface that is compatible with any PC using the Windows operating system.
- Small size allows the X-CAT to be used on very small animals and in micro-miniature scientific and asset tracking applications.
- The completely pressure sealed “potted” package option permits the X-CAT to be used in underwater marine biology tracking applications.
- State-of-the-art power amplifier design provides maximum efficiency and unparalleled ability to work with non-ideal antennas.
- X-CAT supports new 28 bit ID numbers as well as traditional 20 bit IDs.
- Users can program the X-CAT ARGOS ID number, as well as repetition rate and output power level to maximize battery life.
- The X-CAT can emulate previous “RF board only” ARGOS radios from Seimac (WildCAT 3 OEM RF) to allow users to add their own sophisticated data acquisition controllers.
- X-CAT can also be programmed to act as a simple positiononly full-function PTT without the need to add a separate controller.
- All user functions are selected using an easy to use graphical user interface that runs under Windows.
- All user configurations are stored in X-CAT in non-volatile memory that does not require a battery.