The PABLO Iridium® acoustic platform was designed and tested to measure environmental acoustic ambient noise in order to detect the presence of marine mammals and to assess the impact of noise pollution. In addition, it can be used to detect subsurface assets and for military applications.
PABLO gathers acoustic data for the purpose of analyzing sound propagation in the top 1,000m of the ocean. Configured to collect data on a daily basis, PABLO has a long mission life, operating for close to a year while performing 300 profiles called acoustic window cycles.
- Acoustic Iridium® profiling platform
- Bi-directional communication
- Acoustic profiles to 1,000m
- Real-time data
- Height (with Iridium/GPS antenna): 57 in (145 cm)
- Diameter: 6.50in (16.50 cm)
- Weight: 48 lbs (22 kg)
- Hull Material: Type II anodised aluminium casing
- Iridium Communication: Iridium 9602 SBD Transceiver