Solution Sales Manager – SatCom/Environment | Dartmouth, NS
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Type of employment: Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer, and manufacturer of satellite IoT-enabled solutions. Our products span oceanographic & environmental monitoring equipment, naval targeting, and covert surveillance markets.
Our mission is to connect the world without limits. We ensure critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world. We value collaboration, innovation, achievement, and connection.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible worldwide.
Our head office is in Nova Scotia, Canada, with offices in the United Kingdom, and the United States.
We are a growing organization looking for talented individuals to join our growing team. Check us out https://www.metocean.com/
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Sales | Satcom, the Solution Sales Manager will drive sustainable financial growth through boosting new sales and forging strong relationships with new clientele. The SSM will be the face of the company, meeting new clients/partners and attending conferences and trade shows. The SSM will be dedicated to create and apply an effective sales strategy and take the lead on developing new business opportunities for our products and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and expand on new business opportunities with the Global Market (with focus within NA)
- Drive new revenue by utilizing strong networking skills to create opportunities and partnerships for MetOcean Telematics.
- Source, foster and manage new and existing partner re-seller relationships.
- Spend significant time outside the office pursuing new prospect and partner opportunities.
- Organize, plan, schedule, and manage the company’s sales efforts.
- Determine own sales objectives to meet companywide goals.
- Represent the company at the highest level to clients, peer organizations, and business associates.
- Make teaming commitments related to business development on behalf of the company.
- Maintain a high profile in professional and community organizations.
- Follow the MetOcean Sales Process with daily updates and opportunity tracking in SFDC.
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly sales forecasting and planning.
- Travel / international travel (minimum 1 week per month)
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor Degree Business or related field.
- 7 years related experience in Sales/Business Development.
- Industry experience is an asset.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven ability to proactively engage with leaders and facilitate discussions.
- A professional demeanor and ability to interact with the highest levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Strong organizational and business management skills.
- Successful in proactively creating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships with centers of influence, team members, and management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to obtain CANADA and NATO security clearance.
- Available to travel domestically and internationally.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Passion for technology
- Strong relationship building
- Superior communicator
- Creative problem solver
- Assertive decision maker
- Demands results.
Working at Metocean Telematics:
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. We want our people to think that all voices are heard, and all cultures are respected. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
MetOcean Telematics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Are you interested?
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, we look forward to hearing from you! To find out more about MetOcean and apply, click here.
No phone calls, no unsolicited third-party recruiters, or agencies, please.