Manager, Product Verification | Dartmouth
Location: Dartmouth, NS (Burnside)
Type of employment: Permanent, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer, and manufacturer of satellite IoT-enabled solutions. Our products span oceanographic & environmental monitoring equipment, naval targeting, and covert surveillance markets.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world.
What does a Product Verification Manager do?
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, the Manager | Product Verification will lead a skilled team of product verification and software quality assurance specialists by designing and executing testing strategies customized to our diverse suite of products. As a hands-on manager, you will be the organization’s lead test engineer and ensure best practices and the latest techniques are implemented to execute and record rigorous testing on MetOcean’s products most effectively. This position requires an exceptional individual who is eager to explore and understand our products which are tightly coupled with software applications developed to support product development and production engineering.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating optimal test infrastructures, test plans, and strategies for every product, as well as identifying any third-party tools needed to expedite the delivery while improving the quality of products under test. The Product Verification Manager is responsible for guiding and mentoring the team to analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with other engineers across various departments to influence design and testability with a focus on both Software and embedded/devices.
You will be joining an engineering department working on numerous complex and exciting applications: covert tracking solutions, low-power industrial IoT products, oceanographic instrumentation, mobile apps, and cloud-based platforms. Your focus is on understanding the technology and products you are testing, then identifying the test infrastructure to support overall hardware and software quality.
- Accountable for the delivery of accurate and effective testing, reporting, and documentation of product verification activities
- Implement test strategies and approaches for the product verification team which will accelerate product delivery and improve product quality
- Work with a cross-functional team of developers, product owners, and other quality analysts to specify, test, and deliver products
- Define test infrastructure to develop, execute, maintain, and support automated test harnesses that can execute thousands of test cases
- Design, create, and execute test plans, procedures (manual and automated), and record test results in Test Management Platforms such as Testrail
- Lead the product verification efforts to continually introduce improvements to MetOcean’s test suites and their capabilities
- Lead the product verification team to utilize available (and explore new) tools, and define strategies and approaches to effectively locate, report, articulate, and recreate bugs
- Stay current with new and emerging technologies as it relates to MetOcean’s products
- Work with the hardware engineers, embedded software engineers, and software developers to better understand the products and desired product functionality
- Understand product requirements to be able to design the appropriate test plans
- Ability to work independently and navigate problems with confidence
Technical and Non-Technical Skills
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role or utilizing similar skill sets
- Someone who loves to explore new tools and technologies!
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing tests within Test frameworks such as TestNG and Appium for Web and Mobile Application development
- Experience leading product verification teams or activities
- Experience with Selenium for Automated Testing, Java
- Experience with commonly used IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, MS Visual Studio
- Experience in Python scripting, and C# for embedded automated device testing
- Experience with industry-standard testing methodologies
- Possesses a high standard for quality and performance with strong attention to detail
- Strong programming skills that can be utilized to develop test code and test structures
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills and ability to create and execute test plans, test cases, and test automation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Strong problem-solving skills that can be challenged every day
- High energy level with the ability to think creatively – passionate about the technology
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex problems and ideas to a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working with outside contractors and consultants
Working at Metocean Telematics:
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, and all cultures are respected. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
MetOcean Telematics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Are you interested?
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, we look forward to hearing from you! To find out more about MetOcean and apply, click here.