Manager, Office Operations | Dartmouth
Location: Dartmouth, NS (Burnside)
Type of employment: Full-time
About the Role
Reporting to the VP, Finance & Administration, the Manager, Office Operations is the public face of the company for guests, vendors, and visitors to our Dartmouth location, as well as the primary point of contact for ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the offices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with administrative overflow and special projects from other departments as needed
- Spend time in each of the Dartmouth locations daily, unless work assignments do not allow for this.
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Manage office supply orders and maintain appropriate quantities in respective stock rooms
- Coordinate with Purchasing to manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Liaise with facility management vendors such as cleaning, catering, and security
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Collaborate on site security matters
- Allocate tasks and assignments to available resources to enable successful task performance
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, doing research, and creating reports
- Other projects and Finance & Administration duties as assigned, including invoicing and collections support
- Manage company directories, routing calls as appropriate
- Receive incoming courier packages and distribute
- When possible, greet visitors, inform the appropriate staff of their arrival, and assist with sign-in
- Manage boardroom bookings
- Assist with meeting preparation, if needed
- Keep reception desk tidy and well presented
What you’ll bring:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) must be comfortable working in spreadsheets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with office equipment such as printers, photocopiers, scanners etc.
- Strong self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer-service and effective communication both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Are you interested?
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume below.