Head of Product | Dartmouth, NS
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer, and manufacturer of satellite IoT-enabled solutions. Our products span oceanographic & environmental monitoring equipment, naval targeting, and covert surveillance markets.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible worldwide.
Join one of Canada’s Top Small/Medium Employers! https://www.canadastop100.com/sme/
About the Role:
We are seeking a full-time Head of Product.
Reporting to the CEO and President, the Head of Product will work to understand the needs and challenges of our customers and translate those insights into ideas for investment and new product development or existing product enhancement.
The Head of Product is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, monitoring performance, recommending adjustments to price or promotion to counter competitor responses and working with customers to identify potential enhancements.
The Head of Product will work closely with engineering and sales to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are achieved.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help feed and facilitate the product idea generation, evaluation and go-to-market processes.
- Be an expert within MetOcean’s market segments.
- Actively pursue provincial and federal government R&D funding opportunities
- Possess the technical expertise and business acumen to ensure strong financial performance on new product ideas.
- Monitor the market health of our existing portfolio and recommend changes or deprecation.
- Propose new product ideas based on near and long-term market opportunities.
- Help build the product and technology roadmap.
- Work directly with customers to solicit market information to vet market requirements for new products and services.
- Bring approved activities/projects into product development.
- Own and facilitate the go-to-market process.
- Facilitate sales and marketing training on new products and services.
- Additionally, manage the Technical Support and Sales Support teams.
- Build working relationships with industry partners, organizations, and institutions.
- Manage pricing and margins across all product lines.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant product management experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing people and teams.
- Experience in Security, Defence, Satellite Communication and Environmental.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and project management skills, including developing effective cross-organizational and vendor relationships.
- Solid technical background and former hands-on experience as a software developer or hardware designer.
- Successful examples of bringing new products and solutions to market.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Research skills
- Strong communicator
- Data Driven
- Customer focused.
Working at Metocean Telematics:
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. We want our people to think that all voices are heard, and all cultures are respected. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
MetOcean Telematics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Are you interested?
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, please submit a resume and a brief explanation of how your experience makes a good match for this role with Head of Product as the subject line to HR@metocean.com