Business Development Manager – SatCom | Florida, US
Location: Florida, United States (Fort Lauderdale or surrounding area Preferred)
Type of employment: Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer, and manufacturer of satellite IoT-enabled solutions. Our products span oceanographic & environmental monitoring equipment, naval targeting, and covert surveillance markets.
Our mission is to connect the world without limits. We ensure critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world. We value collaboration, innovation, achievement, and connection.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible worldwide.
Our head office is in Nova Scotia, Canada, with offices in the United Kingdom, and the United States.
We are a growing organization looking for talented individuals to join our growing team. Check us out https://www.metocean.com/
About the Role:
We are seeking a full-time Business Development Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, SatCom, you are self-motivated and driven. You will be focused on maintaining a consistent volume of outbound calls, emails, and social touches to successfully achieve the goal of growing new business and exceeding current clients’ needs.
As a member of MetOcean, you will be responsible for managing an existing customer base, developing new customers within existing and new markets, and connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. You must have excellent communication skills both over the phone and through email. You must love to build relationships and make strong value-based connections with customers and prospects.
You will have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that encourages your development. We support an inclusive environment that values diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive new revenue and expand on business opportunities within the North American Security mark within the North American SatCom market
- Source, foster and manage new and existing client relationships
- Identify and research competitors, understanding their offerings and our unique value proposition
- Researching potential clients in new and existing markets, pursuing leads, and moving through the sales cycle
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products addressing and predicting client needs
- Participate in and manage presence at industry-relevant exhibitions, conferences, and shows as required
- Collaborate with Sales Ops for sales contract preparation
- Achieve all personal sales objectives as set by the Director of Sales, SatCom
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Work with Account Managers to develop proposals
- Follow the MetOcean Sales Process with daily updates and tracking of sales, revenue, and opportunities
- Participate in all sales forecasting and planning, as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, business administration, or background in electronics or engineering
- 10+ years of proven experience excelling in technical sales and relationships building
- Strong background in technical sales and business development
- Knowledge and understanding of key players in the SatCom or telecommunications industry
- Experience working within SatCom, telecommunication, and/or IoT industries
- Strong business acumen
- Proven ability to proactively engage with leaders and facilitate discussions
- Technical proficiency in salesforce CRM and MS applications especially, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- A professional demeanor and ability to build relationships with the highest levels both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Available to travel internationally and meet travel restriction requirements
- Must be capable of obtaining US Government Security Clearance
- Employee 401K
- Monthly health and benefit stipend
- Generous vacation and personal day + an extra week off over Christmas
- Training and development
- Monthly team-building activities
Working at Metocean Telematics:
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. We want our people to think that all voices are heard, and all cultures are respected. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
MetOcean Telematics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Are you interested?
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, we look forward to hearing from you! To find out more about MetOcean and apply, click here.
No phone calls, no unsolicited third-party recruiters, or agencies, please.